Post Treatment Care for Crowns, Bridges, and Inlays in McAllen, TX
At Dental Park in McAllen, TX, we offer our patients comprehensive restorative and cosmetic dental treatments, including dental bridges and crowns. These dental treatments will help restore form and function to your mouth. Our dentists utilize the latest in innovative dental procedures to ensure proper placement and a fantastic final result that looks and feels just like your natural teeth. Once your procedure is complete, your dentist will provide you with aftercare recommendations to ensure timely recovery. Failure to follow our post-procedure care routine can lead to longer recovery and follow-up appointments. Contact our team today to schedule your appointment for crowns, bridges, and inlays and learn more about the proper post-care treatment.
Short-Term Aftercare for Bridges and Crowns
Immediately following your bridge or crown placement, you may experience some soreness and tenderness around the treatment area. It’s essential to follow the correct post-dental crown care routine immediately after your procedure to ensure a quick recovery. We recommend following these instructions:
- Avoid Chewing – When placing your dental crown or bridge, our dentists will use anesthetics to help reduce pain. Anesthetics cause numbness around the treatment area, including the tongue, cheek, and gums, and normally persists after the procedure is completed. Please wait until the effects of the anesthetic wear off before attempting to chew foods, as this can result in injury to your mouth.
- Allow the Dental Bond to Solidify – To ensure that your dental crown remains in place following your treatment. It may take up to 30 minutes for the dental cement to fully cure. If not given time to properly bond to the tooth, your crown can move, become loose, or dislodged, which will require a whole new dental appliance placement.
- No Sticky Foods – Patients should avoid sticky, crunchy, and hard food for the first 24 hours after getting their dental crown placed because these types of food can increase the risk of your dental application being dislodged or moved. Instead, patients should stick to soft food for the first 24 hours to ensure the best results.
Long-Term Aftercare for Bridges and Crowns
At Dental Park, we utilize the latest technology and techniques to ensure that you receive long-lasting, stunning results for your bridge or crown placement. However, it’s important you properly maintain your bridge or crown with these long term care tips:
- Flossing – Flossing is an essential part of your daily oral care routine. While flossing around your new crown, pull the floss through the base of your teeth instead of lifting it through the teeth. If you pull the floss up from the gums, you risk dislodging your crown.
- Reshaping – Initially, your new crown or bridge may feel uncomfortable when you chew or speak. While this is a natural sensation for the first few It’s important that you have a comfortable and even bite for your ongoing oral health.
We’re the Area’s Leader in Dental Bridges and Crowns
At Dental Park, our team has decades of combined experience to offer patients stunning results of their crowns and bridge dental appliances. We’re dedicated to ensuring that you receive the very best care in our comfortable and state-of-the-art dentist’s office. As a cosmetic and restorative dental services leader in McAllen, TX, we have access to the very best dental tools and technology. Contact our team today to schedule your next appointment.